Based on the book franchise that’s sold 17 million copies, action-adventure game Beast Quest is releasing on October 31 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, publisher Maximum Games announced today. It will be available through retail and digital stores for $39.99 USD.
Developed by Torus Games (Falling Skies: The Game, Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game), Beast Quest takes you on a journey to save the land of Avantia from ruin. The description adds:
Overcome the dark magic that has corrupted the noble Beasts of the realm. Battle in the mythical world, tackling challenges through stunning landscapes and a plethora of side missions and objectives. Unlock new abilities and upgrades to successfully combat varied opponents. Based on the best-selling fantasy novels, Beast Quest comes to console for the first time ever, with a rich, progressive storyline, vibrant settings, and an excess of compelling challenges.
- A Sprawling, Epic Journey – Explore spectacular environments on your quest to release the Beasts that are under the dark magic of the wizard, Malvel.
- Action-Packed Combat – Battle dangerous creatures and take on giant Beasts in boss battles, using swift maneuvers to dodge, block and attack enemies.
- Profound Upgrades – Upgrade health, attack and defense through your skill tree, and equip accessories to augment your hero’s attributes.
- A Land of Treasure – Explore snowy peaks and spooky forests, seeking out ancient artifacts and lost fortune.
- Hundreds of Challenges – Embark on numerous side missions along your journey that reveal the many hidden secrets of Avantia.
Valerie Fry, Director of Licensing for Beast Quest rights owner Coolabi Group, said, “The team at Maximum Games have taken great care to understand Beast Quest and why it inspires such passion from its followers. This game represents a completely new way for fans to engage with this one-of-a-kind universe, and we’re thrilled to see it come to life!”
There are 120 published Beast Quest books, and more will continue to be published until at least 2026. There’s also a mobile app, which has been downloaded more than 9 million times.
You can learn more about the Beast Quest game on the official site.