Information about Konami’s Metal Gear Survive has been a bit scarce since E3, but more information on the Metal Gear Solid V spinoff has been released today. It isn’t much, but Konami mentions building bases and different play modes. The screenshots are pretty interesting, too.
Here’s more information from Konami’s press release:
Metal Gear Survive is a survival action game in an alternative universe. In a struggle to survive, and understand this new environment, players engage in both a Single Play and connected co-op Play. In the battle for survival scavenged materials must be wrought into usable items, gear and weapons if you are to have any hope of making it home.
• Two ways to play: Single Play and CO-OP Play. These modes are linked via Base Camp. Character progress and gear carries between the two modes.
• Build and develop your Base Camp: This offers access to weapon and gear crafting. As well as offering you a command centre for planning missions in Single Play and CO-OP Play.
• Gather resources for use in crafting including blue prints and raw materials. These can be gathered in Single play by exploring the environment or won in successful CO-OP missions
• Develop Base camp with new facilities to aid survival, Including crop growing, animal rearing, food and water storage. As your camp develops you’ll gain access to high grade crafting items.
• Manage resources, including human essentials such as food and water as well as raw materials used for weapons, defences and expendables.
Here are the screenshots:
Metal Gear Survive Screenshots and Details Surface
Metal Gear Survive is set to release in 2018 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Make sure to check out our E3 preview of the game!