Coming in at 20.1GB on PlayStation 4 and 30.2GB on Xbox One, the new The Elder Scrolls Online update today, version 1.27, adds the Horns of the Reach DLC Game Pack. If you have an active ESO Plus membership, you automatically gain access to the new DLC.
Here’s an overview of today’s Elder Scrolls Online update:
In this update, you’ll be able to explore and conquer two all-new 4 player dungeons – Bloodroot Forge and Falkreath Hold. These dungeons offer new item sets, Monster Masks, achievements and unique rewards!
We’ve also added a new Battlegrounds map – Arcane University – and a new game mode for Battlegrounds: Chaosball. Both of these are available to anyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind. You’ll also find that we’ve added several new Medals to support Chaosball.
The base game patch features a number of new features including updates to the Master Writ Merchant, new housing furnishings, and numerous quality of life improvements. These include customizable combat cues, new guild features, research cancelling, bankable Writ Vouchers and Alliance Points, and more. And as always, we’ve made several fixes and improvements to existing content as well.
And here’s further details on what to expect with Horns of the Reach:
- The Bloodroot Forge had been buried and hidden away for longer than any could remember, until the unification of Reachmen and Minotaur facilitated its rediscovery. Now, the fires of the ancient forge burn anew and the power emanating from it is palpable. Only blood and sacrifice to untamed nature can unlock its true potential and the Reachmen are generous in their offerings.
- You can find the entrance to Bloodroot Forge in southern Craglorn, west of Elinhir.
- Falkreath is under attack by the combined forces of the fearsome Minotaur Domihaus the Bloody Horned and his Reachman marauder allies. This army of “beastmen” have adopted his visage when launching their attacks to inspire fear and terror, with much success. You must enter Falkreath and defend the hold as enemies pour through its broken walls set on its destruction.
- Falkreath Hold can be reached by taking the cart in front of the Easter Gate north-east of Elinhir.
- Both Dungeons include a Normal version in addition to a challenging Veteran version.
- You can acquire unique item sets, including two new Undaunted Monster Mask sets, only available within these dungeons.
- Unique Achievement awards are available for completing these new dungeons, including: A new, unique skin, A unique hat, Several titles, Unique housing items
- Bull Horns Emote: A new collectible emote obtained by entering either dungeon in Horns of the Reach.
- Collectible Furnishings: A new displayable trophy and bust from each dungeon, obtained by defeating Domihaus the Bloody Horned in Falkreath Hold and the Earthgore Amalgam in Bloodroot Forge in Normal and Veteran modes.
- Dreadhorn Shaman Skin: Obtained by completing the Falkreath Hold Challenger achievement.
- Keptu-Horn Skull Sallet: Obtained by completing the Bloodroot Forge Challenger achievement.