ARK update 1.44 is now available for the popular survival game. It brings in a number of changes including new Tek equipment. Players can now wield the Tek Sword and Shield, and use a new structure called the Tek Light that “attaches to any surface and can be either independently powered by Element Shards in its Inventory, or traditionally powered via generators.” It also has a ton of balancing changes.
Check out the ARK update 1.44 patch notes below:
– New Weapon: Tek Sword (Charge-Attack and damages Metal & significantly pierces Armor when powered by Element)
– New Armor: Tek Shield (Reflects incoming projectiles/bullets when powered by Element)
– New Structure: Tek Light (Attaches to any surface and can be either independently powered by Element Shards in its Inventory, or traditionally powered via generators)
– Fixed issue where clients would sometimes become disconnected after demolishing/destroying structures
– Fixed a spawn issue with Ragnarok Lava Golem Boss.
– Fixed the bear trap to avoid turret exploit. Bear traps only damageable by explosion now (or demolishing)
– Reduced Flamethrower Damage from base 100 per second to 30 per second.
– Flamethrower Direct Damage is now affected by Armour.
– Flamethrower expensive foliage particle effects now eliminated for everyone except the local player using the weapon
– Chainsaw not able to attack whilst running
– Tripled the effective “ammo” of TEK armours, so they last 3x as long per element
– Shield blocks should block whip stuns/item drops (and trigger the cooldown), and whip stun on players reduced to 1 second.
– Implemented a new value to reduce indirect torpor (Gas grenades, tranq).
– Chitin, Metal, Riot, and TEK Armours now reduce incoming torpor.
– Fixed an issue where explosives would have an impact on server performance
– Fixed a bug with the Phoenix where you could set dinos alight from a far distance
– Fixed a bug with the Phoenix where it wouldn’t do damage to wild targets in PVE
– Fixed a bug where you could unlock super speed with the TEK Jet Pack
– Fixed a bug where setting the server fps to 2.5 would launch you across the map
– Fixed a bug preventing players riding a Therizino from getting shot when Turrets were set to Player Only
– Fixed an issue where you weren’t able to name your character preset in character creation
– Fixed an issue where Ankylosaurus would get stuck in the air
– Fixed a bug where u could tame and damage Phoenix when not in Superheat
[Source: ARK update 1.44]