Noclip, the group behind crowdfunded video game documentaries, has released the trailer above for its upcoming mini-series on The Witcher. Starting tomorrow, the documentary will explore the franchise’s history, world, quest design, and more. It’ll also feature interviews with CD Projekt RED veterans so for those who’ve enjoyed the games, this will be one to watch.
Here are the details that accompany the video:
Introducing our six-part mini-series on the history and design of The Witcher franchise. Featuring interviews with over a dozen CD Projekt veterans, we explore the creation of the games from several unique perspectives including level design, quest design, localization, adaptation, living world design and more.
- The Story of CD Projekt — Monday, October 2nd
- Remembering The Witcher 1 & 2 — Wednesday, October 4th
- Creating the World of The Witcher 3 — Friday, October 6th
- The Quests of Wild Hunt — Monday, October 9th
- Found in Translation — Wednesday, October 11th
- The Devil’s in the Details — Friday, October 13th
If you’re not familiar with Noclip’s work, then check out one of its previously released documentaries on Final Fantasy XIV, in which the team explores the game’s development, fall, resurrection, and eventual success.
As for what’s next in The Witcher universe, CD Projekt RED has said that it’s currently focused on Cyberpunk 2077 and has no plans for another entry yet.
[Source: Noclip (YouTube)]