Biomutant PS4 Gameplay Inspired by Breath of the Wild
If the developers for the upcoming Biomutant are to be believed, their upcoming open world RPG will have a ton of similarities with the extremely popular The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
In a recent interview with The Wolf Hall at the Igromir Expo in Russia, Stefan Ljungqvist – the co-founder of Experiment 101 – spoke about how the upcoming Biomutant is similar to Breath of the Wild in terms of structure. According to Ljungqvist, the game is more open and allows players to find and interact with characters as they please, as opposed to being a more linear RPG like Horizon Zero Dawn.
Also revealed in the talk was the Tree of Life, the central hub in the world of Biomutant. According to Ljungqvist, the tree will have five roots guarded by a boss, and defeating the boss for each root will help to heal the tree. Players can go the route of fighting to heal the tree or by feeding it potatoes, which will heal it over time.
Check out the full description of the game, courtesy of THQ Nordic:
- A New Take on 3rd Person Combat – The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations.
- Evolve Your Game-Play – You’ll be able to recode your genetic structure to change the way you look and play.
- Next Level of Crafting – Mix and match parts to create your own unique single- or double-handed slash, crush and pierce melee weapons.
- Gear Up for Adventure – You have full freedom when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but also what type of gear you wear.
- Survive in a Vibrant Open World – You’ll create your own adventure as you journey explore the open world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon and more.
- An Unusual Story With an Unusual End – A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down
Biomutant releases in 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC complete with a Collector’s Edition.
[Source: The Wolf Hall]