NHL 18 Update 1.03 Out Now, Squashes Several Bugs
A new NHL 18 update has hit Electronic Arts’ hockey simulation, and it brings with it some bug fixes. Details on the new patch are slim, but we do know that it brings “general stability and bug improvements.” That’s certainly a positive!
Check out the NHL 18 update 1.03 patch notes, alongside the recent Gameplay Tuner notes below:
NHL 18 Patch 1.03 – (Available October 3rd, 2017)
- General stability and bug improvements
NHL 18 Gameplay Tuner 1.01 – (Available September 27, 2017)
- Tuned ability to go in and out of the pass block state so that it behaves more realistic
- Tuned puck elasticity to get more realistic reactions when it hits the ice.
- Tuned deking success rates by deke
- Decreased top end skating ability for players skating with defensive stick held out
- Tuned down chance of auto fights post whistle
- Turned off ability for net to come off in online gameplay
- Tuned cases to fix issues where goalies were getting punished for skating to the bench on delayed penalties
So, in the middle year of EA’s much-ballyhooed three-year redevelopment of the NHL franchise, things are coming along nicely. New players will have to work to get up to speed, as much as the game tries to help them out, but hardcore puck nuts will find themselves going deep into overtime with this one. The almost overwhelming numbers of ways that the game can be played means that it’s one that will definitely keep you going way past the finals.
NHL 18 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
[Source: NHL 18 Update 1.03 Patch Notes]