Today, Bandai Namco has released some new information for its upcoming action-adventure game Code Vein. The information centers around a new Blood Veil, which are powerful blood drain attacks that make quick work of enemies, and a brand new location.
The newest Blood Veil, the Ivy Blood Veil, unleashes a swift attack that produce thorns that emerge from the ground and pierce enemies from afar. The Ivy Blood Veil joins the previously announced Hound, Ogre, and Stinger Veils. All Blood Veils will offer their own attack power and range of use, and players will be able to swap out Veils as they go to allow for more strategic battles.
As for the map, The Ridge of Frozen Souls is described as a “harrowing mountain pass” complete with limited visibility, narrow ledges, deep snow, and ice-covered caves. Players will also have to fight against a massive armored enemy found deep within the Ridge. The imposing enemy is fast, has rocket boosters attached to its back, and also comes equipped with a heavy shield to rush players down with.
For those unaware, here are some extra details on the vampire action RPG, including some tidbits on character creation and the system:
In Code Vein, players will create their own character to act as the protagonist. Players will be able to select from the lead actors of various different works as the voice of their character, as well as be able to customize even minor details such as their character’s facial outlines, and pupil size and luster.
- Characters can equip up to two types of weapons, which can be switched between without opening the menu.
- Equipment itself can be changed any time by bringing up the menu.
- Characters will level up by gaining experience points, and their stats will increase.
- The user interface is simple and small.
- There is a “Special Blood Sucking” command that can be triggered under certain conditions, which increases the amount of gathered blood and stock, and significantly increases the amount of damage dealt to the enemy.
- There is a “Focus System” through which a dedicated gauge builds up when the player in a pinch, and powers up the player when triggered.
- Players can cooperate, coordinate, and transfer HP with their Buddy character.
- The game will have actions such as launch-into-combo attacks, back attacks, and parries.
Code Vein is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in early 2018.