Changes to the Dark Zone Coming in latest Tom Clancy’s The Division Update
Yesterday, Ubisoft took to Twitch to discuss the State of Tom Clancy’s The Division, and more specifically, to detail the upcoming 1.8 update headed to the game next week. Creative Director Terry Spier and Lead Designer Keith Evans from Red Storm Entertainment also took to the blog to discuss the design choices around the update.
In case you don’t have the time to check out the full stream – though it is very informative – the 1.8 Update is confirmed to be releasing next week, though Ubisoft will announce the official date on Monday. As far as what players can expect in the update, here is the general recap for all things coming:
- Resistance—a new PVE horde mode activity in which Agents use SHD-Tech to build fortifications against allied enemy factions.
- Skirmish—a new 4v4 PVP mode that emphasizes close-quarters combat and gunplay.
- Revamped Underground—the same Underground Agents know and love, but with new Directives, Checkpoints, chances for Classified Gear, and Hunters.
- Rogue 2.0—a voluntary rogue toggle for PVP flagging that we hope will rebalance the Dark Zone.
- Gear Optimization—a new system that allows players to spend D-Tech to upgrade weapon/gear statistics to maximum.
- West Side Pier—a map expansion on the left-hand portion of Manhattan.
- New Exotic Weapons—the new ‘Big Alejandro’ exotic LMG, the new ‘Devil’ and ‘Heel’ exotic MMR pair, and of course the new ‘House’ SMG.
Ubisoft stated in their blog post that they understand the passion surrounding the Dark Zone in the game, and that in the upcoming changes, they’ve tried to rebalance the zone in an effort to lower the split on how often players encounter PvP players. To celebrate the launch of the update, Ubisoft will also be hosting a 24-hour stream with a date to be announced. For more information on the update, make sure to check out the full blog post linked below.
Tom Clancy’s The Division is available now.