The party platform fighter Brawlout is currently out for the PC, but will now be making its way to the consoles, as developer Angry Mob Games has announced that it will be releasing for the PlayStation 4 in early 2018. The studio also announced that Juan – the protagonist from DrinkBox Studios’ Guacamelee! – will join Brawlout as a playable fighter, complete with his moves from the game.
For those unaware, Brawlout is a fighting game that features 2-6 players duking it out against each other in an area that has a bunch of platforms. Unlike normal platform fighters, Brawlout doesn’t feature blocking, grabbing, and edge-grabbing, and instead has a combo-based system. Fighting builds up players Rage Meter, which allows players to use powerful special attacks in the process.
For more on Brawlout, check out some of the key features from the game, courtesy of Angry Mob Games:
- Choose from six original characters, each with their own fighting style — and their Variants to make a grand total of 16 original fighters.
- Try your hand at the new additions of Juan from Guacamelee! and the Hyper Light Drifter from the indie hit of the same name, bringing the total cast to 18 fighters with more incoming.
- Host up to four players in online and local battles. Choose from a number of battle modes including timed, stock or team matches.
- AI opponents are also available if you want to practice your team combos with a friend, or if you need to fill out a free for all.
- Train with Advanced Tutorials or go in for yourself in challenging Arcade Towers.
- Fuel your Rage Meter to power up for hard-hitting special attacks, and tap into Rage Mode to swing the match in your favor.
- No blocking required – Action is kept fast and fluid with wavedashing, teching, air dodging and other advanced maneuvers
+ new features being added all the time!
Brawlout is due out on the PlayStation sometime in 2018.