The latest update for IllFonic’s asymmetrical slasher title, Friday the 13th: The Game, has been released alongside the entire list of patch notes. The game’s new patch focuses primarily on fixing some still existing bugs in the game, including a couple of exploits that gave players an unfair advantage, and should improve the overall experience for players.
Some of the more notable bug fixes in this update include fixes to several locations where Counselors could exploit the game, preventing Jason from attacking or grabbing them and giving them an unfair advantage in matches. Another resolved exploit involved the game’s interaction areas and their unintended ability to allow players to teleport outside of the playable area. Other bug fixes include the removal of floating objects on many of the game’s maps, a fix to a bug that would make the game’s emote wheel remain on screen when entering a car, a resolution to an issue where certain Counselors would not react to dead bodies, and more.
The full list of patch notes is as follows:
Friday the 13th The Game Update Patch Notes
- Resolved Various Issues Regarding ‘Interaction Lock’ for Counselor and Jason Interactions Which Would Result in Unintended Gameplay Issues.
- A more thorough pass on Interaction Systems has resolved many interaction related issues.
- These methods to manipulate interactions that have been fixed include but are not limited to the Packanack Lodge roof issue.
- Fixed Several ‘Stuck Spot’ Locations for Jason and Counselor Players.
- Fixed Several Areas Where Counselors Could Reach Without Jason Being Able to Grab/Attack
- Fixed Various Grab Kill Animations – Smoothed Out Animation Issues
- Various Art Corrections in Cabins
- Sound Effect Tweaks with Proper Audio Effects Applied on Various Map Items
- Fixed Many ‘Floating Objects’ on Various Maps
- Resolved Issues with Various Car Blocking Locations on Various Maps to Prevent Exploit
- All Counselors Now React to Dead Bodies
- Resolved Issues Involving Shift/Morph Powers on Maps
- Jason Can No Longer Get Stuck on Unintended Areas on Crystal Lake Map or Higgins Haven Small Map
- Fixed Victoria Pants Issue
- Fixed Jason Part 5 Asset Issue
- Fixed Various Sense Issues Involving Correct Color Display of Doors/Windows when Counselors are Either Inside or Outside a Structure
- QoL Resolutions Involving Controller Disconnect Resolved for Menu Interactions
- Animation Fixes for Jason
- Small Fixes for Animations
- Complete Animations
- Fixed Issue with Emote Menu
- No Longer On Screen if Used While Entering Car
- Camera Fixed for Car Grab Animation
- Various Single Player Challenge Kill Fixes
- Smoothed Out Various Single Player Challenge Animations
Will you be hopping on Friday the 13th: The Game now that these issues have been resolved? Let us know your thoughts on these bug fixes in the comments below!
[Source: Friday the 13th: The Game Forums]