The fan votes are finally in. God of War Ragnarok has won over Elden Ring, Horizon Forbidden West, and Ghost of Tsushima as the Best PS5 game for the PlayStation Players’ Choice award in 2022. While Elden Ring has won most of the critics awards, God of War Ragnarok has been a clear PlayStation favorite, with the game even winning PlayStation Blog’s PS5 Game of the Year.
2022 PlayStation Players’ Choice winners list
With tens of thousands of votes tabulated, a recent PlayStation blog post has revealed the winners of the 2022 Players’ Choice in four distinct categories:
- Best Use of DualSense Wireless Controller – Astro’s Playroom
- Nominees: Horizon Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Best PS5 Indie Game – Stray
- Nominees: Hades, SIFU, Kena: Bridge of Spirits
- Best PS5 Graphical Showcase – God of War Ragnarok
- Nominees: Horizon Forbidden West, The Last of Us Part I, Elden Ring
- Best PS5 Game – God of War Ragnarok
- Nominees: Elden Ring, Horizon Forbidden West, Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut
It may not be too much of a surprise that God of War Ragnarok has triumphed over Elden Ring, since GoWR is a PS5 exclusive and Elden Ring is a multiplatform game. But it goes to show how much support the game has by the PlayStation community.