Bethesda Offers Plenty for Everyone in Free Upcoming Brink DLC
Bethesda probably weren’t happy with Brink‘s critical reception (echoed in our review), which may have had a strong impact on the shooter’s sales. To make the game more enticing in order to improve its commercial progress, as well as rewarding its current players, publisher Bethesda Softworks has detailed an upcoming free downloadable pack.
Brink‘s Agents of Change DLC will deliver new player abilities, costumes, new maps, as well as having the level cap increased to 24 and much more; the full details are below:
- Founders’ Tower – The revolution finally reaches the island’s iconic spire and takes the battle for the Ark to dizzying heights.
- Labs – Venture into the depths of the Ark’s original research and development laboratories, a submerged high-tech facility so far untouched by the civil war.
New Player Abilities
- UAV – This stealthy and lethal device allows Operatives to automatically mark nearby enemies on their radar. For more explosive fun, they can even take direct control of the UAV and detonate it near unsuspecting foes.
- Napalm Grenade – Soldiers can use this new grenade to cover an area in a sea of deadly flames.
- Pyro Mine – Engineers can plant these mines and leave enemies in the epicenter of a massive napalm explosion.
- Field Regen Unit – Medics can deploy these units to increase the health regeneration of any nearby teammates.
- Tactical Scanner – This universal ability allows players to reveal the active buffs of their opponents, allowing them to pick off enemies more strategically.
New Weapon Attachments
- Bayonets – Gain the edge in melee combat and cause extra damage with these deadly blades.
- Weapon Shields – Take cover from enemy fire and prevent headshot bonus damage behind riot-style shields.
New Character Outfits
- The Sad Punk – Add a touch of Steampunk to your Resistance character.
- The Limey – Bring order to the Ark with this outfit inspired by traditional European police.
In addition to the DLC, a stats site for Brink will go live next week offering in-depth match data. Bethesda provided a sample image of the stats site, which can be viewed below: