Resistance 3 Trophy Guide
Resistance 3 contains a total of 57 trophies available to unlock including 51 bronze, 4 silver, 1 gold and 1 platinum. Warning, this guide contains spoilers that pertain to the main story. Proceed with caution. For help with Journal locations, click here.
Platinum Trophy (Platinum) – Unlock all Resistance 3 Trophies.
– Good luck!
Gardener (Bronze) – Destroy 100 Blast Roots.
– Keep replaying Chapter 5, while on the boat, be sure to shoot at all of the blast roots. Do this a few times and the trophy is yours. You can also achieve this trophy by remembering to shoot all blast roots you see during a normal playthrough.
Slaybells (Bronze) – Make Santa and his reindeer fly.
– In chapter 5 on the boat. Right after you evade the Stalkers and Malikov alerts you to the drop ships. Look to the left of the front of the boat on the rooftops. You’ll see a Santa sleigh and Reindeer near some blast pods. Shoot the blast pods to blow up the Santa and Reindeer.
Up Your Arsenal (Bronze) – Get a kill with every weapon in your arsenal.
– This is easy. Should be obtained during a normal playthrough.
Overload (Bronze) – Use the EMP to take down 15 Steelhead auger shields.
– Wait until Steelheads use their auger shield and toss an EMP at them. Keep repeating until trophy is obtained.
Cheap Shots (Bronze) – Kill 25 enemies firing the Auger through an object.
– Play through the game one time with a heavy focus on using the Auger. This trophy can be obtained easily via normal playthroughs.
Grenadier (Bronze) – Kill 3 or more Military Chimera with a single grenade.
– This trophy cannot be obtained by fragging Grims or Leapers. They must be Military Chimera. Best done against Hybrids, who often group together. Later in the game during the NYC levels there are an abundance of Hybrids.
Raining Limbs (Bronze) – Kill 25 Grims using only Grenades.
– Go for this trophy during Chapter 11 (Mt. Pleasant, PA) where you encounter mostly grims.
Corpse Wagon (Bronze) – Detonate fallen Leeches to kill 25 enemies.
– In chapter 11 there are enemies called leeches. Look for them on the ground and shoot them to detonate them. Time it so there are a bunch of grims standing around the leech before you detonate it.
Juggler (Bronze) – Simultaneously burn, freeze and poison 4 separate enemies.
– Use the Mutator to poison an enemy, then Cryogun to freeze, finally, an upgraded Rossmore to burn the enemy. Do this to four different enemies.
Sandman (Bronze) – Kill 5 Grims in a row using only headshots.
– As soon as you first obtain the Deadeye, look out the nearby window and observe 5 Grims. Crouch to improve aim, and kill each Grim with a headshot. It may take a few tries, but this is the best place to do this.
Bookwork (Bronze) – Collect 50% of the journals.
– Use our Resistance 3 Journal Guide for all journal locations.
Nothing but Net (Bronze) – Score a basket by lobbing a grenade through a basketball hoop.
– During the first fight with a Widowmaker at the end of Chapter 9 in St. Louis, there’s a basketball hoop out in the open. Do enough damage to the Widowmaker and it will jump up on a ledge to regroup. That’s your chance to equip a grenade and lob it through the net. Use the backboard.
Weaponsmith (Bronze) – Upgrade 5 weapons in Campaign.
– Keep playing through the game and this will happen naturally. Bullseye, Auger, DeadEye, Rossmore and Marksman are usually among the first to upgrade.
This is My Rifle (Bronze) – Fully upgrade one weapon in Campaign Mode.
– Focus on the Bullseye as it’s the one weapon you have the majority of the game, and the most ammo is dropped by enemies.
Backstabber (Bronze) – Kill 20 enemies with Melee while they are idle.
– Crouch to more easily sneak up on an enemy and melee using R3. Look for areas like the Prison level, where there are many of enemies with their backs to you.
Toast (Bronze) – Use the upgraded Deadeye secondary fire to kill 2+ enemies 5 times.
– Upgrade the Deadeye sufficiently to level 3. Then use the alt fire by charging R2. Be sure to aim into crowds of Chimera, preferably Hybrids.
Counter-Sniper (Bronze) – Use the Deadeye to kill 20 snipers.
– As long as you are using the Deadeye to kill snipers in the later levels (NYC, especially) this should happen within a normal playthrough.
Electric Avenue (Bronze) – Use the EMP to take down 25 drones.
– You’ll have to keep at this. The best chance to encounter many drones is during the final 2 chapters aboard the Terraformer.
Warp Speed (Bronze) – Use the Atomizer secondary fire to kill 30 enemies.
– Use the Atomizer alt fire (R2) during any encounter with lots of grims.
Grasshopper Unit (Bronze) – Kill 5 Long-Legs mid-jump.
-Tag Long-Legs with the Bullseye secondary fire and keep shooting.