PSA: Get Battlefield 1943 Free for PS3 Now, If You Have Battlefield 3
After Sony promised Battlefield 1943 free with every new copy of Battlefield 3 for PS3, and EA subsequently failed to deliver, some gamers were understandably angered at the lack of a free game, with one gamer even trying to sue EA. The publisher then announced that they would give 1943 away, citing some vague “misunderstandings”, and setting a date for when the title would be available. That day has now come.
Europeans will be happy to know that the game has been available to them since late November, but 1943 is now also available in the US. Sadly, gamers in Asia will have to wait till December 17th.
To get the free game, you’ll have to complete a few annoying steps:
- Activate your Battlefield 3 Online Pass for the PlayStation 3 using the voucher included in the game.
- Visit 1943redemption.battlefield.com on or after the region specific dates outlined above and log in with your Origin ID and password, or sign up for Origin.
- Select your territory – vouchers do not work across regions.
- You will then receive a PlayStation 3 voucher for Battlefield 1943.
- Input your voucher into the PlayStation Network store.
- Download Battlefield 1943.
You should be able to download a demo of the game, and an unlock key to get the full game. We also got a “limited bundle theme”, but have a Limited Edition copy of the game and cannot confirm if it is universal.
Let us know if you’ve managed to download the game in the comments below.