God of War: Ascension Patch 1.09 out Today, Adds 1 vs. 1 Mode and New Maps (Update: Live, Patch Notes, Video)
Update: Patch 1.09 is now live. Here’s all the combat balance updates and fixes:
- Air triangle move has had its range and timing slightly improved. It should now be more viable from a distance, and also air to ground.
- The spear delay square attack has had its ranged appropriately increased so it should be a more viable mix up option for a quick/go-to unblockable, especially in 1v1 play.
Blade of Poseidon
- Fixed a bug where the air version of the triangle special would occasionally play no effect but still hit opponents (occasionally recovery could also be unfairly cancelled.)
Blade of Zeus
- The start-up time of the L1 triangle in the air is now closer to its ground counterpart
Juggles, Hit Reactions/Misc
- The frames where players were allowed to cancel and recover from hit-stun during certain extended combos have been adjusted to allow players to escape as intended.
- This was also the existing functionality, however in certain occasions of lag or low performance, that window was extended which would allow both players to combo when they shouldn’t have, and for players to escape when they should be getting combo’d. This has been adjusted to be consistent across the board.
- A bug has also been fixed where players would appear to glow white / invulnerable, but they were not technically invulnerable/ in a recovery state yet. The visuals now match the functionality.
Infinite/1 –hit Combos
- Several 1-hit combos have been adjusted to prevent “re-juggling” of opponents mid combo string. The hits themselves will stand land, however they will cause a reset-hit rather than a re-juggle. This only affects a handful of weapons, and specific combos.
Poseidon Hammer Stats
- Adjusted the stats slightly of the Poseidon armor. It was giving slightly too much physical resist
Original Story: Later today, Sony Santa Monica will hit the metaphorical button that lets loose the 1.09 patch for God of War: Ascension.
With this free update, you’ll receive the new Bout of Honor multiplayer mode, which places you 1 vs. 1 against another opponent in a best-of-seven match. Adding a twist, there will be no help items, low amounts of magic available, and relics aren’t active.
Alongside the new mode, you can expect four maps for Bout of Honor: Canyons of Kirra, Chamber of the Flame, Landing at Delos, and Streets of Sparta. As for Favor of the Gods, that gets the new Whirlpool of Alecto map.
We’ll update this post when the patch goes live, with patch notes if available, but if you notice 1.09 is live before we get a chance to tell you, please let us know in the comments below.
While you wait though, here’s God of War Saga: The Crimson Path, a 57 minute video from YouTube user SonofKratos666, who compiled a whole bunch of kills in the various God of War games (spoilers if you haven’t beaten all the titles):