The Last of Us Passes 6 Million Sold Worldwide
Fresh off getting quite a few wins at the BAFTA awards, Naughty Dog has announced that The Last of Us has crossed 6 million copies sold worldwide, which is likely the combined number of retail and digital sales. If you’ll recall, The Last of Us moved 3.4 million copies in under 3 weeks after launch, so this means it sold 2.6 million copies between July 4th, 2013 and March 2014.
Naughty Dog will also have a huge presence at GDC next week, with the following talks planned (see full details on them by heading over here):
- Level Design in a Day – The Last of Us: Casting Shadows (March 18th)
- Moving the Heavens – An Artistic and Technical Look at the Skies of The Last of Us (March 19th)
- Surface Tension – Liquid Effects in The Last of Us (March 19th)
- Unsynced – The Last of Us Melee System (March 20th)
- A Context Aware Character Dialogue System (March 20th)
- Aural Immersion – Audio Technology in The Last of Us (March 20th)
- The Last of Us: Human Enemy AI (March 20th)
- Art Direction is not Just Googling Images (March 20th)
- Ellie – Buddy AI in The Last of Us (March 20th)
- In-Game and Cinematic Lighting in The Last of Us (March 20th)
Did you help The Last of Us reach 6 million sold? Let us know in the comments below.