Bloodborne Targeted to Run at 1080p/30fps, to Have “Online Elements”
Announced last night during Sony’s E3 press conference, Bloodborne is developed by Dark Souls developer From Software and is expected to hit the PlayStation 4 exclusively at some time in 2015. Fortunately, for those looking forward to the action-RPG, this week’s Famitsu has Bloodborne as its cover game and that means new game details.
Over on NeoGAF, forum mod “duckroll” posted some of details listed in Famitsu and while it’s not much, we do get some confirmation of the game’s mechanics.
– Spring 2015 release window
– They started work on this right after finishing Artorias of the Abyss, planning it for Sony’s new hardware
– The world and story is completely new, and the setting takes full advantage of the PS4’s capabilities
– The expected spec for the game is 30fps at 1080p
– The keywords for the game is “blood” and “beast”
– There will be melee and long range weapons (guns) this time
– Character customization is confirmed
– There will be no map display in the game
– He wants combat to not just focus on action but also the strategic element
– The combat in the game is designed to feel like a life or death struggle
– There will be online elements of some sort, and it will involve players “discovering” together
The keywords being “blood” and “beast” isn’t that surprising given that the game had the code name “Project Beast.” From the sound of the other details, this could turn out to be another hit game for the studio.
What do you expect from Bloodborne? Do you think it will be as hard as From Software’s past games?