We Are Doomed PS4 Release Date Confirmed, Play it Next Month
A “twin-stick laserbeam shoot-em-up,” We Are Doomed from Vertex Pop is coming to the PlayStation 4 on April 14 in North America and April 15 in Europe for $9.99/€9.99, with an Xbox One release on April 17.
Here’s the quick description:
We Are Doomed is a twin-stick shooter where you zap polygon baddies with an absurdly overpowered laserbeam. Dive head-first into the action with reckless ambition, charge the SUPERBEAM, and zap everything out of existence in an instant. Chase high scores or just enjoy the beautiful explosion of geometry, color, and light.
- Pure arcade action. No cutscenes, storylines, or lengthy tutorials.
- An overpowered laserbeam weapon, and the more ridiculous SUPERBEAM.
- Quick to start, and quick to restart for just one more game.
- Waves mode: 30 waves that range from chill to hyper-intense.
- Endless mode: An endless barrage of baddies. How many zones can you survive?
- A beautiful, ambient, and occasionally glitchy soundscape.
Vertex Pop Founder Mobeen Fikree adds, “What’s with the lack of colour in video games? It bummed me out, so I added all the colours to We Are Doomed.”
There was no word on when the PlayStation Vita version will release.
You can read our impressions of We Are Doomed over here.