The Witcher 3 Update 1.03 Live on PS4 in Europe & North America (Update)
Update (May 27):
According to reports on Reddit, this The Witcher 3 update is now live in North America, taking up around 500MB and listed as 1.02.
Stuck in certification for the last few days, CD Projekt Red just announced that The Witcher 3 update 1.03 is now live on PlayStation 4 in Europe and many EMEA countries (update: it’s a 499.1MB download), with release in North America coming soon (it will be update 1.02 in North America when it launches).
Featuring bug fixes, graphical fixes, performance improvements during cutscenes and gameplay, and a larger loot pop-up window, here’s the full list of patch notes for today’s update:
- Corrects a bug where the player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs.
- Corrects an issue related to Stamina regeneration while sprinting.
- Corrects a bug that could cause spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
- Reduces spawn times for certain groups of NPCs.
- Blood particles will now properly appear on water surfaces after foes are killed.
- Corrects a visual effect in the Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Improves foliage behavior in scenes.
- Reduces foliage shadow popping.
- “Melltith” sword is visible again.
- Fixes some minor graphics bugs in gwent.
- Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
- Improves performance, especially in cutscenes and during gameplay.
- Introduces a number of minor improvements in SFX.
- Fixes an issue that could have caused an infinite loading screen in certain circumstances in Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused rare instances of dialogue looping in certain scenes.
- Improves stability in gameplay and the UI, especially during games of gwent.
- Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
- Fixes an occasional bug in the Journal in the Fake Papers quest.
- Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
When the update is live in North America, we’ll let you know. CD Projekt didn’t say when the Xbox One version of the update would be released.