Rise of the Tomb Raider Launches to Low Day-One Sales in UK, Fallout 4 Sold More on PS4
Day-one sales of Crystal Dynamics’ action-adventure title Rise of the Tomb Raider were lower than forecasted in the UK, with official figures revealing that the Microsoft timed-exclusive sold less than 63,000 units at retail. By comparison, its predecessor sold 183,000 units across the same 24 hour period.
Arriving day and date with Fallout 4, Bethesda’s RPG sequel topped the UK all-formats chart with 482,000, according to retail analyst Chart-Track.
Responding to the standings, Sony’s Senior Product Manager Chris Brown weighed into the conversation via Twitter, where he revealed that, despite Microsoft’s content partnership with Bethesda, Fallout 4 shipped more units on PlayStation 4.
Poor Tomb Raider. UK sales: Rise of the Tomb Raider <63k. And #Fallout4 – despite Microsoft Xbox One support – still sold better on PS4
— Chris Brown (@That_Kid_Chris) November 16, 2015
In terms of the platform by platform breakdown, Rise of the Tomb Raider sales in the UK were divided 85 per cent in favor of Xbox One, while the remaining 15 percent of gamers picked up Crystal’s sequel on Xbox 360.
Did you pick up one, both, or neither of the games in question?