Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 DLC 2 Is Called Eclipse, Releases on April 19 for PS4
The second DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, Eclipse is coming to PlayStation 4 on April 19, Activision announced today.
Eclipse features four new multiplayer maps, including a re-imagining of Banzai from World at War, and a new Zombies experience that puts you in an undead World War II Pacific theater:
- Spire – Spire takes Multiplayer combat to a futuristic sub-orbital airport terminal set high in the clouds. Multiple levels and open areas promote intense, mid-range combat around a clean, high-tech civilian environment. Watch your step, because one wrong move could send you plummeting back through the stratosphere.
- Rift – Head to the core of a harsh futuristic military complex, set high above an active caldera. Rift funnels and forces tight, intense engagements, where the only way through is forward. Utilize the unique core movement opportunities to outsmart and outplay enemies as you traverse the suspended rail system.
- Knockout – Housed in a traditional Shaolin Temple with a retro twist, Knockout sets the stage for a bloody Kung Fu tournament. This mid-sized map showcases a sharp contrast between the mid-range engagements of the traditional exterior architecture and the tight close-quarters of an eclectic 1970’s styled interior.
- Verge – In this re-imagination of the classic Call of Duty: World at War map, Banzai, Verge drops Multiplayer combat into the center of a distant post-apocalyptic future, where two warring factions are entrenched in constant battle. Take control of the key bridge, fortresses, tunnel systems and waterfalls as you engage in high-speed action through this medium-sized map
- Zetsubou No Shima – The Origins characters continue on their mission to stop the zombie apocalypse not only in this universe but in all universes. Our heroes find themselves stranded on a remote Pacific island which is home to the Division 9 facility: a secret biological research lab whose experiments with Element 115 and its effects on human, animal, and plant biology has created horrors beyond belief. Zetsubou No Shima features a foliage rich island map including new terrifying zombie enemies, a variety of innovative transport mechanics, more devastating traps and classic Zombies side quests.
Treyarch Studio Head Mark Lamia said, “The incredible amount of engagement and response to Black Ops III from our fans continues to inspire all of us at the studio. Eclipse continues to demonstrate our commitment to delivering the most exciting gameplay experiences possible with each DLC pack. We are pushing ourselves at every turn to craft new and unique ways to play.”
A release date wasn’t mentioned for Eclipse on Xbox One and PC, but it should be out 30 days after PS4.
As for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, Activision said, “Eclipse DLC content not available on PS3 or Xbox 360.”