Minecraft Update 1.25 Now Available on PS4, PS3 & PS Vita
Already released in Japan and Europe, with North America getting it later today, Minecraft update 1.25 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita adds six new Trophies, Minecraft: Story Mode Skin Pack support, improved sprint control, and more.
Here’s the full list of patch notes, which apply to all PlayStation platforms unless noted otherwise:
- Added Story Mode skin pack.
- Added 6 new trophies.
- Added new “Minecart Sounds” option to Audio Settings.
- Added Huge Mushroom Blocks to the Creative and Superflat menus.
- Improved sprint control.
- Fix for issue where the Ender Dragon would be immune to attacks
- Fix for Slimes not spawning in certain Swamps and Slime Chunks.
- Fix for Potion of Swiftness, Potion of Slowness and Speed bonus of Beacon having no effect on the player.
- Fix for teleporting a player while they are sleeping in a Bed not working properly.
- Fix for some chunks in the Overworld not generating for clients of a multiplayer game.
- Fix for issue where Experience Orbs could not be obtained by some trades with Villagers.
- Fix for Thorns enchantment not affecting players.
- Fix for MCCE #747 – TNT cannon not working.
- Fix for MCCE #659 – Doors have a weird texture on top when open (And other sides).
- Fix for MCCE #1854 – Grass positioning is perfect.
- Fix for MCCE #1826 – White tulip description incorrect.
- Fix for MCCE #1756 – Witch Hut Bounding Box Too Small.
- Fix for MCCE #1260 – Submerged Witch Huts.
- Fix for MCCE #483 – Camera jitter and player unable to move when looking at chest you are standing on.
- Fix for MCCE #863 – The map does not work as it should (unless “View Hand” is turned on).
- Fix for MCCE #1757 – Slimes spawning in witch huts.
- Fix for MCCE #1739 – No icon in item frame map.
- Fix for MCCE #1803 – Item frames vanishing in very strange draw distance.
- Fixed a memory issue causing “Failed to Load” message. (PS3 only)
The Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Wii U versions of Minecraft were all updated today as well, carrying similar patch notes to the PlayStation versions.
As for the Minecraft: Story Mode Skin Pack, it’ll be available in the PlayStation Store later today for free. Then, after April 12 in Europe and April 13 in North America, it will be priced at £2.49/€2.99.
Here’s what’s included in the Skin Pack:
The latest skin pack, Minecraft: Story Mode Skin Pack, allows you to make your own adventures as one of the characters from the beloved Telltale Games series. Play as one of the various Jesse options, the TNT juggling Magnus, the scheming Ivor, or one of the many other Minecraft: Story Mode characters. This highly requested pack will help you recreate your favourite moments in Minecraft: Story Mode or craft a new story and world of your own.
What do you think of today’s update?