Final Fantasy XIV PS3 to PS4 Upgrade Begins, Lasts Until December 2017
After announcing last week that the PlayStation 3 version of Final Fantasy XIV will end service in summer 2017, Square Enix has begun the free PS3 to PS4 upgrade program for players. Available until December 31, 2017, the upgrade is done through Mog Station and anyone with a currently expired subscription will be given 14 days of free play.
As Square Enix adds, the upgrade process cannot be undone, all service account data (including characters and in-game items) will be carried over to PS4, and, to register the PS4 code, you must sign in with the same PlayStation Network account you use on PS3.
Here’s everything you need to know about the FFXIV PS3 to PS4 upgrade:
- Campaign Period – From Monday, October 17, 2016 to Sunday, December 31, 2017
- Purchase of the PlayStation 4 version is not required to upgrade. Please be aware that after transferring to the PlayStation 4 you will be unable to play using your current copy of the PlayStation 3 version.
- Please note that after completion, the upgrade process cannot be undone.
- Upon completing the upgrade process, a PlayStation 4 system will be required to play Final Fantasy XIV.
- All Final Fantasy XIV service account data including characters and in-game items will be carried over upon upgrading to the PlayStation 4 version.
- Users who wish to play on both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 until service for the PlayStation 3 is discontinued must purchase a separate copy of Final Fantasy XIV for the PlayStation 4.
- The upgrade campaign is scheduled to begin on October 17, 2016 and end on December 31, 2017.
- Users who purchased the PlayStation 3 Collector’s Edition will be upgraded to the PlayStation 4 Collector’s Edition automatically.
- Users who registered Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward to their service account are not required to register a second copy when upgrading to the PlayStation 4 version.
- The fourteen days of free play granted by this campaign are only valid in the event your service account is expired at the time of upgrade. Please be advised that this promotion cannot be used to extend the duration of free play periods granted by other campaigns.
- Please take care when confirming the service account to be upgraded to the PlayStation 4 version, as this process cannot be undone once complete.
- When the upgrade process is complete, you will be issued a promotion product code to download the PlayStation 4 version. To register this code, you must sign in on the PlayStation 4 with the same Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account you used to play on the PlayStation 3. Registering with a new or different SEN account will prevent access to the game from the original SEN account. This may also result in complications when purchasing other products related to Final Fantasy XIV on the PlayStation Store.
- Users will not receive an additional 30-day trial period by upgrading to the PlayStation 4 version.
- Users who possess multiple service accounts registered to the PlayStation 3 version must complete the upgrade process for each service account individually.
After giving us Patch 3.41 today to fix some issues and change some item names, Square Enix will bring out Patch 3.45 on November 1, introducing more Palace of the Dead and continuing the anima weapon series.
Will you be upgrading?