First Free Titanfall 2 DLC Drop Arrives on November 30
On Wednesday, November 30, Respawn will bring out the first free DLC drop for Titanfall 2, titled Angel City’s Most Wanted. As you may have guessed, one piece of content in the DLC is the Angel City map, which will be available on November 30 for anyone who pre-ordered Titanfall 2, while everyone else gets access on December 3.
November 30 also sees the launch of the in-game store, which allows you to buy new skins, camo, and Prime Titans “for a modest price.” Since anything that has an effect on gameplay – maps, modes, weapons – will be released for free in Titanfall 2, the in-game store will “have no in-game currency exchange. No locked loot boxes, crafting shards or pay-to-win weaponry. No RNG. If you see something you like, you buy it and that’s it. These in no way effect stats and are purely cosmetic.”
There will be two Prime Titans available when the store launches, complete with new chassis and assassinations, but they “function the exact same way as their original counterparts.”
Here’s what to expect in the first free DLC drop on November 30:
Angel City map: A fan favorite map from Titanfall 1 is reborn for Titanfall 2.
- Fans that pre-ordered Titanfall 2 will get access to the Angel City map starting on November 30. All other players will get access to the Angel City map starting on December 3rd.
Titan Kits: Get more customization for your Titan with these all new kits.
- Ion: Refraction Lens – Splitter Rifle splits 5 ways
- Scorch: Scorched Earth – Flame Core ignites the ground, leaving thermite in its wake
- Northstar: Threat Optics – Enemies are highlighted while zooming in
- Tone: Burst Loader – Aiming allows the 40mm to store up to 3 shots to burst fire
- Legion: Hidden Compartment – Power Shot has two charges
- Ronin: Phase Reflex – When doomed, Ronin phases out of danger
- Pilot Execution: Inner Pieces – Phase into an unsuspecting victim
- Wingman Elite Pistol
- Stats screen
- FAQ menu
- In-game store
More details on the DLC will be given closer to launch.
For the rest of 2016, Respawn will hold double XP weekends, recognize top networks, and introduce game mode twists with semi-regular events that will change up rule sets on certain games.
In 2017, Respawn “will have more drops that will differ in size and scope but the additional maps, modes, and weapons available will continue to be free.”
If you’re looking to buy Titanfall 2, it will be on sale this Black Friday at various retailers.