Dark Souls III Patch 1.10 Content and Server Maintenance Times for Next Week Revealed
Dark Souls III is receiving its next update (1.10) on Wednesday, February 8, which brings with it a number of fixes. Over on Reddit, Bandai Namco revealed the patch notes as follows:
- Fixed issue where a player could invade another player during a boss battle.
- Fixed issue where an enchantment could be applied to weapons which normally could not be enchanted.
- Fixed issue where, when items are used while casting magic, display glitches could occasionally occur.
- Fixed issue where it was possible to cancel immediately into a second magic spell after casting the first one.
- Fixed issue where the first part of a skill action could be skipped.
- Fixed issue where a single item could be used indefinitely.
The Community Manager also wrote:
I know some of you guys really liked the Boss Room invasions glitch, however this was not part of the game originally, and you must understand that it was frustrating for a part of the playerbase. I know this isn’t something you like to hear, but not every Dark Souls players is as dedicated and informed as you guys. It’s not a reflex to go look up something you don’t understand when it happens. We have also received a lot of customer support request to explain it and straight out complains.
I have strongly advocated and explained that we should however look into including such a feature. I haven’t been made aware of any plans to do so for the moment, but the message has been shared.
As for tumblebuffing and dartcasting, those exploits could have dire repercussions in the PvP meta, it’s better to have them fixed. I also strongly supported the buff that some builds had thanks to Dartcasting and that it could help vary the PvP meta to look into rebalancing spells in general.
Deployment of the patch will require some server maintenance, which has been scheduled at the following times for the PlayStation 4:
- JST: February 8 10:00am – 12:00pm
- CST: February 8 2:00am – 4:00am
- PST: February 7 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Dark Souls III‘s final expansion, The Ringed City, releases on March 28.