PS4 Update 4.50 Now Out, Full Patch Notes Released
The time has come, people! After Sony revealed that it was doing a closed beta for PlayStation 4’s next big update, we also found out that it would include one of the most wanted features, and that’s being able to use external HDDs to add more storage for your PS4!
Confirmed yesterday that it will be out today, PS4 update 4.50 (codenamed Sasuke) is now out! Clocking in at 339MB, you can download it now on your PS4 (you’ll be notified of an update, same as always), or you can download it here and manually update via a USB.
You can check out the full PS4 update 4.50 patch notes below.
Main features in version 4.50 update
- You can now use a USB storage device to install applications, or move applications from your PS4’s system storage. The following USB storage devices can be used. Select(Settings) > [Devices] > [USB Storage Devices], select the connected USB storage device, and then format it for use as extended storage.* External hard disk drive
- USB 3.0 or later
- 250 GB minimum, 8 TB maximum capacity
- The quick menu is now more user friendly. Creating, joining, and other party features are even easier to access.
- (Notifications) has been redesigned. All notifications now appear in a single list.
- When using Remote Play on a Windows® PC, Mac, Xperia™ Smartphone, or Xperia™ Tablet, you can now use your device’s microphone for voice chat in games or in parties.
- You can now use screenshots to customize the background of your home screen and function screen. Select(Settings) > [Themes] > [Select Theme] > [Custom].
- You can now post screenshots directly to activities, such as those shown in [What’s New]. Press the SHARE button, select [Screenshot], and then select [Activities] as the upload destination.Also, you can now tag games and fellow players.
- You can now post animated GIFs to activities and social applications.
- Your status is now visible as(Mobile) when you sign in to an application such as(PlayStation App), even when you are away from your PS4 system. This means you are available to communicate with Friends.
- You can now make a party public or private even after the party has been created. Select(Party) > [Party Settings] > [Party Privacy].
- PlayStation VR now supports Blu-ray 3D™ content.
Other features in version 4.50
- The PS4 system you use to sign in to PlayStation Network for the first time is now automatically activated as your primary PS4 system.
- As a parent or guardian, you can now easily create sub accounts for your children when creating your master account.
- You can now upload or download saved data right from the home screen. Press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Upload/Download Saved Data].
- You now have the option to share screenshots on PlayStation Network. When sharing, you can also adjust privacy settings.
- You can now launch(SHAREfactory) right from(Capture Gallery). Press the OPTIONS button while viewing(Capture Gallery), and then select [Edit in SHAREfactory].
- You can now change the color of your profile screen to match the cover image. On your profile screen, select(Options) > [Change Cover Image] > [Change Background Color].
- When reporting inappropriate content, you can now preview your report before sending.
- The design of(PS4 Remote Play) for Xperia™ has been updated.
- When you receive a partyinvitation, you can now respond from(Messages) or(PS Messages) with a quick reply.
- Your profile screen cover image on your PS4 system is now displayed in(PS Messages).
- Cinematic mode image quality on PlayStation VR has been improved.* Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- Mac is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- “Xperia™” is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Mobile Communications AB.
- “Blu-ray 3D™” is a trademark of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
External HDD support, PS4 Pro boost mode, .gif support, and lots, lots more! That’s one hefty update! Stay tuned to our feature where we list down the top external HDDs to get for your PS4.