Sony confirmed earlier today that PlayStation 4 Update 4.50 will be available to download tomorrow, March 9. To help get you acquainted with 12 of the new features coming in 4.50, including external HDD support and PlayStation 4 Pro Boost Mode, PlayStation UK released a new video today, which you can watch above.
Here’s the features highlighted by PlayStation UK, and when you can see them in the video:
- Support for external hard drives – 0:20
- Use in-game screenshots as custom wallpaper – 1:02
- Suggested profile colors – 1:33
- Custom posts in the What’s New section – 1:47
- Quick Menu improvements – 2:14
- Enhanced party features in the Quick Menu – 2:26
- Watch 3D Blu-rays using PlayStation VR – 2:55
- PlayStation VR’s cinematic mode is improved – 3:13
- Access save data from the Home screen – 3:20
- Post animated GIFs created in SHAREfactory – 3:30
- Boot from your Capture Gallery to SHAREfactory – 3:46
- PS4 Pro Boost Mode – 4:15
To see how some PS4 games (Bloodborne starts at 0:55, The Witcher 3 starts at 13:30) perform in Boost Mode, check out this video from Digital Foundry:
When PS4 update 4.50 goes live tomorrow, we’ll let you know.
Which feature are you most excited for?
[Source: PlayStation UK]
PS4 Update 4.50: Video Shows 12 of the New Features