One Piece VR Title Announced Alongside An “Unprecedented One Piece Game”
Two new One Piece games have been revealed in the latest copy of Weekly Jump. The magazine details a PlayStation VR title called “Grand Cruise,” while the other is unnamed, referred to only by the mysterious codename “Dawn.”
While details on each title are sparse, Gematsu has done a great job collating the information. You can find the easy-to-digest bullet points just below.
One Piece: Grand Cruise (PlayStation VR)
- The game’s genre, release date, and price have yet to be announced.
- The game’s content is also yet to be announced, but screenshots in the magazine show exploration of a ship. This is only a guess, but perhaps it is a game where you interact with your crewmates?
- A special demo of the game will be playable by up to eight users at once at the “Tokyo One Piece Tower” event in Tokyo Tower on July 22.
- The official website will be available here when it opens.
Unprecedented One Piece Game (Platforms Unknown)
- The game is code-named “Dawn” and is being developed in collaboration between Shueisha, Toei Animation, and Bandai Namco.
- It is an “unprecedented One Piece game.” (In other words, it has not been done before.)
- It is a game with an unheard of, super new feeling.
- The original author, Eiichiro Oda, is cooperating on development.
- Planning and conception is taking quite some time.
- It’s an enormous game. The setting and music from the anime are being poured into the game.
So that’s two games for One Piece fans to get hyped about. If you’re one such fan, let us know which title you’re most excited to see more of. The VR experience has me intrigued, that’s for sure!