ARK: Survival Evolved Update v510.3 on PS4 Fixes Several Issues
Released last night on PlayStation 4, ARK: Survival Evolved update v510.3 fixes these issues with the game:
- Fixed an issue where audio would randomly crackle
- Fixed players not able to unlock the Artifact Achievement
- Fixed an ascension crash related to split-screen
- Dropped Item cache / Death Caches now save on reload
- Player and Team dead bodies now save on reload
- Transferring between ARKs in Single Player will now put you in the correct tribe
- Fixed an issue with Omni Light where the bulb would always be red
- Snakes no longer flee when they’re stuck
- Pressing Fire to drop a body ragdoll no longer does the melee attack
- Demolishing Gates no longer crashes Primitive+
- Fixed a case where sound would not play properly depending on the position you were looking
- Fixed an issue with cave-post processing in split screen
- Fixed an issue where various host settings were not saving
- Corrected the Apex Predator trophy description
- Enabled Hibernated Spawns on Player Dedicated Servers to prevent an OOM crash.
Following deployment of the update, Studio Wildcard Associate Producer Jat said they were looking into a PS4 Hosting Settings issue. He added, “Abstraction [Games] will be checking out the player-settings not applying, scorched sky, and the player-dedi crash when they’re up in a bit. Looks like Player Dedi crash isn’t related to creatures like before, but perhaps connection. Still looking into it though.”
An Xbox One patch is also in the works for ARK, but it will take longer because “we have to go through a long-cert as it’ll be our first post-gold patch.”
Recently delayed, ARK: Survival Evolved will now fully release on August 29. Ragnarok will also arrive on launch day after multiple delays.
In their latest community update, Studio Wildcard explained what you can expect from the full version:
There has been a lot of questions regarding what will happen to the development of ARK. Whether there will be additional content added to the base game, in the vein of; new friends to tame, new engrams to learn, items to craft, QOL, gameplay, and optimisation improvements… the answer to all that is yes!
We will be continuing to work on the base game, as well as plans for future content in the form of free updates, and DLC (paid and free). Today we’d like to give you a bit of an early preview/tease of what you can expect for later this month on release (in addition to the mystery beyond the TEK cave).
Did you notice any other changes with the update?