Skyrim Special Edition 1.5 Update Includes Survival Mode
A new update to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition is in the works and planned for a wide release in October.
According to Bethesda, the update will, among other things, introduce Bethesda’s Creation Club into the game, allowing users to purchase mods when they come out for the platform. Ahead of the 1.5 update going wide to users on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, PC users can download the beta for the update now by finding the game in their Steam library and changing the update version to Beta 1.5.
Also included in the 1.5 update is the Survival Mode for Skyrim. For those unfamiliar with it, think of it is as the hardest possible way to experience Skyrim. Survival Mode presents challenges that aren’t found in the game’s current levels of difficulty, and adds a bit more realism to the game. Here’s just some of what you’ll find when you jump into Survival Mode:
- Fast Travel is disabled.
- Traveling in snowy or rainy areas will increase your Cold and Cold decreases your total available health.
- Warmth: The higher your warmth rating, the more slowly you will feel the effects of cold environments.
- Taking a swim in an ice-cold river can kill you.
- You no longer regenerate health.
- To level up, you must now sleep in a bed.
- Your carry weight has been significantly reduced.
- Creatures across the land now carry threatening new diseases, and previous diseases are now even more debilitating.
- Shrines no longer cure diseases for free; you must now make a gold offering in order to receive the shrine’s benefits.
The 1.5 update for Skyrim Special Edition is currently available in beta for Steam users, but won’t make its way to consoles until sometime October, so players will have to be a bit patient before they get their hands on it.
[Source: Gotta Be Mobile]