PREPARE TO UNLEASH YOUR INNER NINJA IN TECMO’S NINJA GAIDEN® SIGMA 2
Exclusive Pre-Order and Collector’s Edition Package Available at GameStop
The most intense, challenging, action-packed ninja adventure is back and arriving exclusively on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system this fall. The latest installment in the critically acclaimed series, NINJA GAIDEN® SIGMA 2, will be launching September 29, 2009 in North America, followed by Japan and Europe.
Developed by Tecmo‘s own Team NINJA, the NINJA GAIDEN series follows the adventures of super ninja Ryu Hayabusa throughout the world. The series has earned high praise and a loyal following amongst core fans, as well as action gamers alike. Released in July 2007, NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA was the first in the series to land on the PLAYSTATION 3 system. From playability, visual presentation, to sound, the game received excellent scores all around.
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 takes the series further with the introduction of an all-new Team Missions online co-op mode and Chapter Challenge mode, multiple playable characters, large weapon variety, “Ninja Record” player stat system, a prologue comic with voice-overs and more. Encapsulating these features into one package makes NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 not only the most challenging and addictive action game, but also the most definitive version of the series to date.
A special Collector’s Edition will be available exclusively at GameStop retailers nationwide and Canada. The Collector’s Edition includes an 80-page book featuring:
- A 30-page Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 prologue comic written and designed by Team NINJA. The comic is a printed version of the in-game digital comic.
- Mini-Strategy Guide: A starter guide covering Ryu, Ayane, Momiji, and Rachel’s weapons, ninpos, Story Mode basics, Team Missions and more.
- Art Gallery: A peek at various character concept artwork.
- Commentary from Team NINJA producer Yosuke Hayashi and the team’s lead artists.
In addition, consumers who pre-order NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 at GameStop will receive an exclusive downloadable costume available through the PlayStation®Network.
As super ninja Ryu Hayabusa, you roam the world and hunt down the Demon Statue that was stolen by the Black Spider Ninja Clan to prevent the resurrection of the evil Archfiend. From Tokyo to New York, follow Ryu as he encounters vicious enemies and acquires an extensive assortment of ninja weaponry along the way.
- New Playable Characters: Ninja Gaiden’s Rachel, Ayane from the Dead or Alive series and Momiji from Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword appear as sexy new playable characters
- Team Missions mode (Co-op): Two players can engage in online co-op play with voice chat in more than 30 different missions. View and record your play through “Ninja Cinema” and share your Cinema and Mission results via PlayStation Network.
- Chapter Challenge mode: Master your favorite chapter and compete against others for the top Karma points.
- Ninja Record: View your complete stats for every mode played, number of enemies defeated, drops and throws, combos, rescues, character usage rate and more.
- Rewards: Over 50 trophies to earn throughout the game and a dozen unlockable costumes. Weapons acquired can be leveled up to strengthen their power and gain new battle techniques.
- Visual Diversity: Over 30 unique characters, 17 stages with a variety of environments, and a storyline which unfolds in 70 impressive cut-scenes.
- Variable AI: Contributing to the increased difficulty level, the gameplay differs each time you appear in a level as enemies engage in a variety of different actions as they assess the current situation.
- Gameplay Innovation: A finishing blow system can be used in battle to quickly defeat an enemy in one dynamic action.
More information on the title is available at www.ninjagaidengame.com.
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 is rated “M” (Mature) by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) and will carry a suggested retail price of US $59.99 (Collector’s Edition US $69.99).