As mentioned earlier this week, a firmware update (3.15) was coming to fix some issues that had arisen after the 3.10 firmware update. Along with these minor fixes come a few new features such as the ability to play PSP minis on the PS3. Check out the full firmware update details as well as a direct download link after the jump…
- Bluetooth sync issues fixed
- Trophy syncing issue resolved
- PSP Minis now playable on the PS3 (starting December 17th all PSP minis will be playable on the PS3, for now you must go to your download list and re-download any previously purchased PSP minis for them to function on the PS3)
- XBM Icon Added – Minis Save Data Icon
- LAN Data Transfer Utility
1. Turn both the current PS3 (A) and new PS3 (B) on and connect them with a LAN cable; PS3 (A) should be connected to the TV. Please note, firmware (v3.15) must be installed on both systems.
2. On the XMB of PS3 (A), scroll to the Settings category and select [System Settings] and then [Data Transfer Utility]
3. Follow the instructions on-screen and transfer data
4. After transferring the data, follow the instructions on-screen, and then connect PS3 (B) to the TV to view the XMB
5. If content that was downloaded from PlayStation Store was transferred as part of this operation, you must activate PS3 (B) before you can use the data. Log in to the PS3 system as the user who owns the content, and then select (PlayStation Network) > (Account Management) > (System Activation) to activate the system.
If updating from your PS3 is taking too long, you can download the update HERE.