Since being revealed in January, details regarding PlatinumGames and Shinji Mikami’s Vanquish have been hard to come by. Thanks to the latest issue of Famitsu, details regarding the game are ready to blow you to bits.
Mr. Mikami spilled the beans on his latest game and the game sounds like it’s going to be action-packed down to the last boss fight.
- Mr. Mikami confirmed that the game is a third-person shooter, but not any normal TPS. ‘Speed, tempo, and excitement’ are the major attributes regarding the gameplay. Also, you’ll be fighting mainly robots.
- The storyline has to do with US and Russia being at war with one another. Original, eh?
- One of the main features is the ‘boost’ ability, which will allow you to burst across the screen for a short distance. When first implemented, the boost move ‘ruined’ the core gameplay and the team had to change the game a bit to make it work.
- Shinji also stated a reason the boost move was added to the game so that it just wouldn’t be shoot some enemies, hide behind cover, repeat. ‘Speed and tempo’ are his two main words when describing Vanquish.
- I mentioned earlier that you’ll be fighting robots.. very large ones at that.
- The game is 80% complete and will arrive sometime this winter.