The official PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards results are in after users were able to vote for the best PSN games on a limited list.
Unfortunately, not only was the voting list very flawed (Tetris under the best PSN Exclusive category?) – you can hear our full thoughts on the list on our latest podcast – but the actual point of the award is flawed. Winning games will be discounted by 30% on the PlayStation Store for one week, starting later today, with a 50% discount available to all PlayStation Plus subscribers. So that means that nearly everyone votes for the games they want to buy, rather than ones they actually enjoyed.
Here are the winners:
- Best PSN Exclusive: inFAMOUS Festival of Blood (PS3)
- Best PSN Game: Resident Evil 4 (PS3)
- Best PSN Game Playable Online: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition (PS3)
- Best PS3 Full Game: Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (PS3)
- Best PlayStation Move Game: Dungeon Hunter: Alliance (PS3)
- Best 3D Game: God of War: Origins Collection (PS3)
- Best PlayStation Classic: Chrono Trigger (PS3/PSP)
- Best Mini Game: Angry Birds (PS3/PSP)
- Best PSP Game: DISSIDIA 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
- PlayStation Community Award – Best Indie: LIMBO (PS3)
Will you be picking up any of these games? Let us know in the comments below.