The GameStop Expo currently being held in Texas is apparently full of Call of Duty related content, as an alleged leak outs the existence of both Prestige and Hardened Editions for Activision’s upcoming Black Ops sequel.
Update: The special editions have now been officially confirmed.
According to the leak, the Prestige Edition will include the following:
- Remote-controled UAV Flyer (presumably modeled after the Quadrotor Drone).
- Exclusive in-game upgrades.
- Exclusive Zombie Maps.
- Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map
The following will allegedly be included in the Hardened Edition:
- Collectible Steelbook
- Exclusive ‘Nuketown 2025? & ‘Nuketown Zombie’ Maps
- Exclusive Xbox Live ‘Claw’ avatar & Zombie Avatar Costume
- Limited Edition Challenge Coins
- Official Soundtrack by Jack Wall with theme by Trent Reznor
- Also Includes Exclusive Weapon Camo & Exclusive Player Card Backgrounds
Considering how profitable these limited edition bundles typically are for Activision, there’s no reason why they wouldn’t continue the trend again this year. In addition, information regarding pre-order incentives made their way out of the expo, including:
- The Quadrotor XBOX Live Avatar Prop or the PS3 Dynamic Theme. Choose either of these exclusive digital items based on console preference and guarantee your download by picking up your game when it launches.
- Treyarch VIP Experience Sweepstakes. Enter for your chance to win a tour of Treyarch Studios, a multiplayer session with developers, a swag bag with a signed Prestige Edition of Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, and more.
- Entry into Turtle Beach Prize Pack Sweepstakes. Enter for your chance to win one of a 100Call of Duty®: Black Ops II Turtle Beach Ear Force X-Ray Gaming headsets.
Stay tuned to PlayStation LifeStyle for an official announcement regarding these exclusive bonuses in the near future.