In a good bit of fortune, 2K Games has revealed that XCOM: Enemy Unknown has been ‘a critical and commercial success, with strong digital sales’. This is really good news and will hopefully mean that we’ll see a sequel to something we called ‘a game that everyone should play and experience‘.
For all of you happy owners of the game out there, a brand new patch will be making its way to you soon, though the exact date is TBD. Luckily, we know all of the patch notes that will be present when it goes live:
- Abductor roof visibility problems resolved
- Interception game hang issues resolved:
- If two interceptors are sent after UFO
- If Skyranger is returning from combat after an Interceptor was already deployed
- SHIV inaccessible issues resolved
- AI Alien Activity Hang resolution
- Multiplayer connectivity optimization
- TempleShip optimization: All Soldiers properly spawn when restarting the mission after clearing the second room of TempleShip
- Snapshot penalty should no longer apply when Overwatching without first moving.
- Easy Difficulty is now easier.
Let us know if you’re still playing the game and what you think of it in the comments section below.
More on XCOM: Enemy Unknown: