The PlayStation Vita could really use a compelling piece of software right about now, and Guerrilla Games’ Killzone: Mercenary may very well be the answer to Sony’s prayers.
According to the latest issue of PSX Extreme (via NeoGAF) the game looks incredible, with visuals that are virtually on par with Killzone 3. Here are a few details that were translated from the magazine:
- Engine is nearly 1:1 from PS3 version
- They added a few new gimmicks to the engine, so they can utilize more PS Vita
- Game is gorgeous, clear and crispy textures, big draw distances
- Character models are awesome, the same with animation
- Stable FPS even with gigantic action inside levels
- Literally – game is like portable Killzone 3, looking better than Uncharted.
That is quite a heavy helping of praise. Fortunately, our own Anthony Severino will be getting some hands-on time with the game later this week, so we’ll have plenty of details to share with you in the near future.