Sony Santa Monica announced today that patch 1.o4 for God of War: Ascension “has been testing approved” and you’ll possibly see it go live at some point this week. Prior to the update though, they recently brought out a hotfix for Ascension, which included the following tweaks:
- Siren deaths now add 25 seconds to the Trial of the Gods countdown timer. Previously, they gave 20 seconds
- Tether Fly-by fix. You will no longer occasionally fly by the player you are attempting to tether while jumping in the air
- Shards for both the Barbarian Hammer and Spear of Destiny are now available from Treasure of the Gods chests
The full patch notes for 1.04 should be announced when it actually goes live, but here’s everything we know about it so far:
- Every God allegiance level cap increasing from 30 to 40
- With the cap increase, a new item, two new relics, and an ultimate magic will be added for each allegiance
- You can now access your accomplishments in battles from the main menu, which includes death/kill ratios, win percentages, and Trial of the Gods stats
- Bug fixes and other fixes
- Audio drop issues are being fixed
- Further improvements to make getting into matches quicker added daily
Share and Unlock Requirement Fixes
- Addressing the shard issue preventing players from attaining the Spear of Destiny and Barbarian Hammer in version 1.04 (possibly sooner), and have made additional tuning changes, namely on weapon shard drops for some of the rarer weapons, as well as unlock requirements for certain armor pieces, weapon stats, and magics.
Are you eagerly waiting for 1.04? Let us know in the comments below.