Elden Ring Patch 1.04 has arrived today and the update has brought along a lengthy list of bug fixes and gameplay improvements. Amongst the major changes are event phases for Patches and the ability to toggle the camera’s auto-rotate function on and off. Unfortunately one of the side effects is that the patch has also accidentally shortened the duration of Cerulean Hidden Tear, although FromSoftware is intending to fix this in a later minor patch.
Elden Ring Update 1.04 Patch Notes
Elden Ring Patch 1.04 was released today, April 19, on PS5 and PS4. There have been increases and decreases in plenty of sorcery and incantation spells, as well as weapon skills. There have also been plenty of bug fixes, including one that allowed players to pass around unauthorized items like Fia’s panties, the “Deathbed Smalls.” You can find the full patch notes on publisher Bandai Namco Entertainment’s website, but you can find a list of the major changes below:
Additional Elements Added
- Added an option to turn camera auto rotate function ON/OFF
- Added some event phases for the NPC “Patches”
- Increased Colossal Swords/Colossal weapons attack speed and lowered their recovery time. Jump attack not included.
- Increased the two-handed attack damage of Colossal Swords/Colossal Weapons. Jump attack not included.
- Increased physical block rate and guard boost of the Colossal Sword, Colossal Weapons, Great Sword, Great Hammer, Great Axe, Great Spear, and Halberd weapon classes.
- Increased the damage of Grafted Blade Greatsword.
- Increased the damage of Devourer’s Scepter.
- Decreased the scaling of status effect build-up from spells and incantations of Albinauric Staff and Dragon Communion Seal.
- Decreased the effect of Greatshield Talisman for weapons with high block rate.
- Shortened the length of the madness afflicted animation.
- Lowered the speed of madness buildup recovery.
- Slightly increased FP and Stamina growth rate at lower levels*
*Players will need to perform any of the following actions for the changes to be reflected. This is required only once. New characters created after this update will not require this action.
- Level up
- Activate Godrick’s Great Rune
- Re-equipping any equipment (armor, talisman) which grants bonus stat to either Strength, Dexterity, Vigor, Endurance, Intelligence, Faith or Arcane
In other news, SEGA’s Super Game initiative will supposedly come to fruition with reboots of Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi. Both games are in the early stages of development and could still be canceled if things don’t go to plan. Elsewhere, there’s a new Star Wars game in the works from Amy Hennig’s Skydance New Media studio.