Getting Class of Heroes 2 onto the PlayStation Network and into the hands of gamers has been a bit of a stressful situation for Gaijinworks and MonkeyPaw Games, as they’ve “had a completed game for months”, but due to a licensing issue with the opening song in the opening animation that was discovered days before going live on the PSN, it’s been in limbo.
In order to get around this problem, they have submitted the game to Sony without the opening animation and song, with the game currently in QA and, provided it passes, a release should be in a few weeks. Then, once they resolve the licensing issue, they’ll put the opening (possibly without the original song) onto the PSN as a download. This solution also means that Class of Heroes 3 won’t see a delay into 2014.
When the PSP game does launch on the PSN, you’ll be able to grab it for $24.99, but if you want a physical version instead, pre-orders are expected to go up on their website this week for a limited period of 7 – 10 days. Once they close, there won’t be any re-runs, so you’re only option after that point is to download the PSN version (or eBay)
The Class of Heroes 2 update isn’t the only piece of news to come out of Gaijinworks and their new forums though, as Vic Ireland of Gaijinworks answered numerous questions, with the most interesting replies below:
- They “intend to get to” Class of Heroes: Chrono Academy if they “can keep up a small but consistent level of support with CoH2, 3, 4…”
- MonkeyPaw Games has been trying to get L.S.D: Dream Emulator as an import on the PSN, “but so far, no luck. It’s on ‘the list’ and has been for a long time.”
- “Atlus isn’t interested in licensing (or even re-licensing for PSN, in the case of GL2+3) any Growlansers. We’ve tried. It has been Atlus or no one recently, but maybe now that their parent company is in financal trouble, they’ll be more open to it. Dunno. Maybe we’ll ask again.”
- When it comes to imports, Square Enix doesn’t “want anyone else doing their stuff.”
- When it comes to Lunar Silver Star Story Complete and Lunar Eternal Blue Complete, they’re “still working on getting the two LUNARs onto PSN. It’s just taking forever…”
Lastly, Vic did say “there’s a strong possibility at *least* one on these wish lists will make it. We’re in discussions on a number of them” when referring to these following games/series:
- 7th Dragon 2020
- Dot Defense
- Far East of Eden: The Fourth Apocalypse
- Frontier Gate Boost Plus
- Gachitora: The Roughneck Teacher in High School
- Kenka Bancho
- Last Ranker
- Over My Dead Body
- Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity
- Sol Trigger
- Summon Night
- Valkyria Chronicles 3
- Venus and Braves
Which games do you hope Gaijinworks imports next? Let us know in the comments below.