Along with all the free games that are headed to the European Instant Game Collection as part of the June update, some aspects regarding the future of PlayStation Plus in that region were also talked about.
All of this news comes from Chris Howe, PlayStation Store and PlayStation Plus Content Manager at SCEE, who was asked if they could “shift some attention” to other genres, such as strategy, with XCOM: Enemy Unknown mentioned by the commenter. Coyly, Chris responded with “we may have something planned………..,” so take that as you will.
Getting into more specifics, another commenter asked if there was a chance that either Assassin’s Creed III or Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception would be on the Instant Game Collection within the next couple of months. Chris replied by saying, “Quite possibly, I know one of them will for certain, but I can’t say which.”
Another hot topic was about the yearly PS3 PlayStation Plus games (inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet, MotorStorm Apocalypse) that are set to be replaced, generally thought to be something we’d be hearing about in June. Not narrowing down an exact date, Chris said they’ll let us “know something soon.”
What he could confirm is that the PS Vita’s yearly PS+ free games (Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush) “will be updated later in the year, not June/July.”
There were a few more smaller pieces of information revealed, which we’ve placed below:
- Getting racing titles into the IGC “has proved quite tricky,” but it’s something on their radar
- Discounts on Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning DLC is something they’re working on
- They’re “looking at” Spec Ops: The Line for the IGC
- Plants vs. Zombies on Vita “might be something” they’re looking at, but they “don’t have any confirmed timings or know whether it is actually something” they can get yet
- It’s still a little early for Crysis 3, “but maybe a little later in the year”
Would you rather get Assassin’s Creed III or Uncharted 3 for free on PS+? Let us know in the comments below.