Out of all The Catch-Ups we’ve done so far, none have featured any bad language. This one changes everything up, so turn back now and read some of the other news we posted today if you want don’t want to be subjected to the filth.
- Ninja Theory (DmC Devil May Cry) teased “Tomorrow. Something new to show.” Fingers crossed for DmC Devil May Cry DmC: Double the DmC.
- Naoki Yoshida, Producer on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, said that the team is “pushing [the PS3] to the limit” and “there’s still a mountain of work to do before release” on August 27th.
- Tiny Brains, a co-op puzzler where you play as one of four “mysteriously powerful lab rodents,” is coming to PC and current generation consoles this fall, with a next generation release scheduled for later. It is developed by Spearhead Games, a studio made up of former EA and Ubisoft developers.
- Amazon.com is selling Dead Space 3 for $29.99 right now.
- It’s taken down now, but Amazon Germany had listed Mirror’s Edge 2 for the Xbox 360/Xbox One. We searched and there was no PS3/PS4 version anywhere on the site, so take this as a distant rumor.
- Pre-orders of Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection at EB Games Canada include a poster.
- FIFA 14 is confirmed for a September 24th release date in North America and September 27th in Europe for the PS3. Still no official word on a Vita version, despite pretty much every retailer having a listing for it.
- After Rajat Taneja, Chief Technology Officer at EA, said that the architectures of the Xbox One and PS4 “are a generation ahead of the highest end PC on the market,” Mark Rein, Co-Founder of Epic Games, replied with, “no they’re not. I call bullshit on this one.” Mark later added that “they are ‘architecturally’ more advanced but performance levels aren’t as good. Maybe that’s what he meant?”
- Ragnarok Odyssey ACE, something XSEED Games called “[Ragnarok Odyssey ++],” is coming to North America and Europe this winter on PS3 and PS Vita, complete with cross platform play. You can expect a new Tower of Yggdrasil dungeon that creates random dungeons with different rooms and enemy placement, a new battle system, and new items.
- Here’s the Saints Row IV box art for the Commander in Chief Edition (click on it for a larger view):
- The latest developer diary for Diggs Nightcrawler, out on May 29th in Europe and this holiday in North America, takes a look at the art:
- Disney Infinity is out this August, with the newest video showing off the Monsters University play set:
Are you interested in Ragnarok Odyssey ACE? Do you hope that Mirror’s Edge 2 does happen? Let us know in the comments below.