We’re still waiting on the NPD sales rankings for June 2013 (where The Last of Us is surely to be first), but the game has been a dominating force in the UK, finishing first for five weeks straight. Yet in Japan, after it debuted at number 1, we’ve been happy to hear that it’s still in the top 20, so we’re definitely pleased that it still managed to finish in 14th, following a 35% drop.
Looking at the Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection on PS3, it finished in ninth place, managing to sell just over 17,500 copies. That number is actually higher than what the PlayStation Vita itself sold, managing to push only 15,662 units, with the PS3 at 12,698, and the PSP at 5,830.
Here’s the top 20 selling games in Japan between July 8th and July 14th, 2013:
- Pikmin 3 (Wii U) – 92,720
- Youkai Watch (3DS) – 53,654
- Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3) – 37,024
- Friend Collection: New Life (3DS) – 26,065
- New Super Luigi U (Wii U) – 24,881
- Toukiden (PS Vita) – 20,853
- Toukiden (PSP) – 19,262
- Dead Island: Riptide (PS3) – 18,462
- Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection (PS3) – 17,599
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS) – 12,963
- Gundam Breaker (PS3) – 10,224
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) – 10,088
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) – 9,184
- The Last of Us (PS3) – 9,158
- Hanayaka Kana, Ware ga Ichizoku – Tasogare Polarstar (PSP) – 9,046
- Dangan Ronpa (PSP) – 6,106
- Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode (3DS) – 5,912
- Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl (3DS) – 5,870
- Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition (Wii) – 5,203
- Atelier Escha & Logy: The Alchemist of Empty Twilight (PS3) – 5,031
Do you think The Last of Us can stay in the top 20 again? Let us know in the comments below.