Update 2: The PS Blog has posted about The Last of Us patch 1.03, revealing that it will be released within the next 24 hours, while also giving out full patch notes and the video:
- Fixes for “It’s me” and “By any means” cinematics in the Cutscene Viewer.
- Revive range has increased slightly (about 1 meter). It’s more difficult to crawl out of range when a teammate is reviving you now.
- Players can prevent opponents from finishing Executions/Interrogations so that the opponent does not receive Parts for the special Execution/Interrogation. The downed player will still lose their life, but this makes preventing Executions/Interrogations more helpful to your team, as you prevent the other team from gaining Parts.
- Matchmaking update: players should find opponents around their level of experience more often, and teams should be balanced more evenly.
- Item cache locations adjusted for balance on University, High School, Lakeside, and Downtown.
- Starting cameras adjusted so they show your player with greater frequency.
- Item cache disbursement tweaked so additional items are given out more fairly.
- Winning a Survivors match by a count of 4 rounds to 0 now means your team will get more bonus parts for winning the match by that margin. This applies for games with scores of 4-1, 4-2, etc. as well. Rewards are tiered by how dominant your team is. This system is in place for Interrogation mode as well.
Update: Bruce Straley tweeted out that we can expect the patch to arrive tomorrow. Get excited!
Original Story: It’s hard to believe Naughty Dog could make The Last of Us any better, but with the forthcoming 1.03 patch, they’ll do just that by fixing some issues in multiplayer, while also adding a new mode called Interrogation.
With Interrogation, both teams must defend a safe filled with supplies. In order to find the other team’s safe, you’ll need to interrogate a downed enemy by hitting the triangle button, and if your team manages to interrogate enough enemies, you can attempt to open that safe.
To see Interrogation in action, as well as some of the new fixes, check out the video here, or keep reading for an overview of the other patch notes:
- The revive range has been increase “just a little bit.”
- Item cache locations have been adjusted for balance in some maps.
- You can prevent opponents from performing special executions by downing or killing the person doing them.
- Bugs have been fixed related to intro cameras.
- Matchmaking has been updated to balance teams and allow you to more likely play against people in your rank.
- Fixed an issue where item caches were giving too many items after just completing a comeback.
Do you think you’ll be playing Interrogation? Are there any other issues Naughty Dog needs to address in The Last of Us‘ multiplayer? Let us know in the comments below.
More on The Last of Us: