The Catch-Up: September 16th, 2013 – Rockstar Investigating Amazon Selling GTA V Early, Far Cry 3 Free on EU PlayStation Plus for October?
Grand Theft Auto V is out (almost) everywhere! Have fun!
- Gio Corsi, Director of Third Party Production for Sony, tweeted out that there’s one week left to submit to him which games you’d like to see on PS3, PS Vita, and PS4. [Do It Now!]
- Guerrilla Games has fully detailed the Assault Class in Killzone: Shadow Fall. [Read All About It]
- In an apparent email sent out to PlayStation Plus subscribers in Europe, Far Cry 3 will be one of the games offered in the October free games list. Since we couldn’t verify the email, take this as a rumor right now, but with the official list being detailed this week, we should find out sooner rather than later. [Source]
- It’s hard to say if this deal will be valid once the game comes out, but Dell is offering a $25 e-Gift card with Grand Theft Auto V pre-orders. [Via, Check It Out]
- As of right now, there’s no digital version of Beyond: Two Souls coming, but that “may change down the road though.” [Source]
- For the first time since September 2012, FIFA 13 has been knocked out of the top 10 in the UK sales charts, setting a record of 48 straight weeks in the top 10. During its run, FIFA 13 has become the most successful in the series, beating Call of Duty sales at the same time, and amassing over 3 million copies sold. Expect FIFA 14 to do quite well when it launches next week. [Source]
- Turok 2 was a thing before the studio was shut down and the game was no longer a thing. [Lots of Concept Art]
- The official August sales numbers for Disney Infinity have it at 294,000 in the US. Skylanders, you now have some serious competition. [Source]
- In their mission to reboot SingStar as a F2P series, Dave Ranyard, Studio Director at Sony London, said that “Phase 1 was to launch SingStar as an app pinned to the PS3’s cross media bar last October. Phase 2 is a complete redesign and overhaul of the whole game structure and UI for the digital and F2P age, which is due for release later this year.” Can’t wait! [Press Release]
- With Amazon leaking copies of Grand Theft Auto V early, Rockstar is “in the process of investigating early ‘sales’ to determine how and why that is occurring.” We’ll let you know if anything comes of this. [Source]
- Because Colin Kaepernick lost to Russell Wilson last night, he totally shaved his completely real eyebrow following the game in something that 100% wasn’t pre-taped:
- Snipe in the eye of the storm with Battlefield 4:
The Beyond: Two Souls TV Spot is all about guilt:
Have you ever shaved off an eyebrow? Let us know in the comments below.