Ubisoft’s The Division single-handedly helped to boost industry software sales for the month of March 2016 in not just the United States, but also the United Kingdom. GfK Entertainment/UKIE figures reveal that the game shifted almost 0.5 million physical copies in the country during the month, and along with the studio’s Far Cry Primal, contributed significantly towards a year-over-year growth.
1.72 million boxed games were sold in March, which is an increase of 2.6 percent from the same period last year. Overall, £57.7m were generated from software sales – an increase of over five percent year-on-year. EA was the second biggest contributor with four titles appearing in the top 10.
Below is a list of best-selling games in the UK for the month of March 2016:
1. The Division, Ubisoft
2. Far Cry Primal, Ubisoft
3. UFC 2, EA
4. FIFA 16, EA
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Activision
6. Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar
7. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, EA
8. LEGO Marvel’s Avengers, Warner Bros
9. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, Nintendo
10. Star Wars Battlefront, EA