With Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 starting a beta this February 22nd (when the PS4 releases in Japan), and then doing a full release in April, Producer & Director Yoshi-P answered quite a few different fan questions about the game.
Check out the important information below:
- The initial PS4 beta test will require you to create a new character, but later phases in the beta will allow you to use your PS3 character.
- As well, only the initial beta test will be done on a dedicated server.
- After the beta concludes, Square Enix will carry the data over, hold early access, and then start full service in April.
- You'll be able to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 without a PlayStation Plus subscription.
- There won't be any special fees asssociated with the PS4 version and it will cost the same to play as all other platforms.
- If your keyboard and/or mouse can be used with the PS4, it can be used with FFXIV: ARR.
- There will be a Collector's Edition for FFXIV: ARR on PS4.
- It's "unknown as of this point" whether there will be a PlayStation 4 and FFXIV: ARR bundle.
- FFXIV: ARR will allow you to use the PlayStation Vita's touchscreen during Remote Play.
- When using Remote Play, you'll be able to assign R1/R2 and L1/L2 to one of the buttons on your Vita.
- They can't confirm if Remote Play will be ready for beta, "but it might just be possible."
- Square Enix currently has "no plans to utilize the second screen feature [on PS Vita] because MMORPGs often require all the information to be focused on the same screen. If you have good ideas on utilizing the feature, please let us know!"
- If we start playing on it with an existing character, will there be a system that will allow us to transfer over our macros and such? "As long as the feature for saving these to the server makes it in time, it will be possible."
Are you planning on participating in the Final Fantasy XIV beta on PS4? Let us know in the comments below.