The reign of giants is right around the corner, as Klei has announced that the DLC for Don’t Starve, Reign of Giants, will be available on July 22 in North America and July 23 in Europe on PlayStation 4. Priced at $4.99, PlayStation Plus members can expect a 10% launch discount.
Adding new characters, seasons, creatures, biomes, and more to Don’t Starve, here’s what you’ll be receiving in Reign of Giants:
- New playable characters – Reign of Giants adds two characters for players to discover and survive with. Play as Wigfrid, a stage actress who went a bit too far with method acting on her latest role, an ancient Valkyrie, or Webber, a young boy who lives inside the spider who tried to eat him long ago.
- Year-round starvation – Struggle through a full year of seasons as you experience the torrential rain falls of spring and the blistering heat of summer.
- A bigger, badder world – New biomes have been filled to the brim with new creatures and gatherables that will either help you survive – or kill you.
- An extra save slot – You asked, we delivered.
- Giants – They’re in the name for crying out loud!
There’s also going to be a patch for Don’t Starve coming next week, which includes the following:
- Added Snow Chester and Shadow Chester
- New in-game text strings & dialogue
- Option to disable Screen Shake.
- Expanded options for World Generation.
- New ability to save custom pre-sets in World Generation screen
- Random character select option when starting a new game.
If you’d rather have a portable version of Don’t Starve, don’t forget that Klei is working on the Giant Edition for PlayStation Vita right now.