Originally announced for a summer release, Race the Sun from Flippfly was given a final release date today, with the game arriving on October 21 in North America and October 22 in Europe for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita.
Priced at $9.99 and including cross-buy on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita, Race the Sun also features cross-save and shared leaderboards. In addition, the game will run at 60fps/1080p on PS4 and PS3, with the PS Vita version “looking and feeling great.”
Exclusive to PlayStation at launch, Labyrinthia is a new unlockable world for Race the Sun which, unlike the main endless world, can be beat, with the world regenerating every 24 hours. What makes Labyrinthia a little different is that things are slowed down and a higher camera view is used, with new traps thrown in.
Here’s a few things to know about Race the Sun:
- Race the Sun is all about speed and survival
- You play as a solar-powered craft that slows down in the shadows
- You die when the sun goes down (or you crash)
- You can catch up to the sun (and delay your death) by grabbing speed boosts
- As you complete objectives you will unlock helpful powerups and attachments
- The leaderboards (along with the world) are regenerated every 24 hours
- The controls are simple, but the game can be very hard
What are your thoughts on Race the Sun?